PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
I have spent a long time trolling this forum and decided to finally make an account.

I took up the pipe once I returned from going to school in Moscow. (During COVID..just my luck). I had begun to smoke cigarettes again while I was there and after ten years of on and off cigarette smoking I was quite disgusted with myself. I had tried it all: cigarettes, vape, Juul, snuff, you name it. Never the pipe though! So I bought some estate pipes and a few tobaccos and got to it.

After a few months it degenerated into me not cleaning my pipe, inhaling the cheapest tobacco just to catch a buzz and I once again felt disgusted with myself.

Recently I picked up a complete set of Peterson short rusticated and dozens of high quality tobaccos to cellar. I have begun now to smoke properly. What a relief! This is what I have been looking for since that first smoke ten years ago.

I am going to post a thread showing the entire line of Peterson short rusticated pipes for anyone interested. Also I will post a thread showing the old versus new Peterson rustication. If anyone is interested in Moscow or St. Petersburg I can post some photos of my trip as well! I am going to return to Moscow as soon as possible for school and ultimately hope to live there . I dream of enjoying a hearty bowl of English or Burley in the cold Russian winter!

God bless you and happy piping!

Will

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I have spent a long time trolling this forum and decided to finally make an account.

I took up the pipe once I returned from going to school in Moscow. (During COVID..just my luck). I had begun to smoke cigarettes again while I was there and after ten years of on and off cigarette smoking I was quite disgusted with myself. I had tried it all: cigarettes, vape, Juul, snuff, you name it. Never the pipe though! So I bought some estate pipes and a few tobaccos and got to it.

After a few months it degenerated into me not cleaning my pipe, inhaling the cheapest tobacco just to catch a buzz and I once again felt disgusted with myself.

Recently I picked up a complete set of Peterson short rusticated and dozens of high quality tobaccos to cellar. I have begun now to smoke properly. What a relief! This is what I have been looking for since that first smoke ten years ago.

I am going to post a thread showing the entire line of Peterson short rusticated pipes for anyone interested. Also I will post a thread showing the old versus new Peterson rustication. If anyone is interested in Moscow or St. Petersburg I can post some photos of my trip as well! I am going to return to Moscow as soon as possible for school and ultimately hope to live there . I dream of enjoying a hearty bowl of English or Burley in the cold Russian winter!

God bless you and happy piping!

Will
Moscow, Rhode Island??

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida, previously from Rhode Island, previously from Boston. Where in R.I are living? My businesses were on Bald Hill Rd in Warwick.

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
My last address in R.I was 1479 Frenchtown Rd in East Greenwich. I owned the Verizon Plaza across the st from Target and next door to the Staples plaza. I also owned Chalks Billiards for 20 years.

Awesome. My father built a development on Frenchtown Rd. that we lived at for a few years. Small world eh?

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
I lived in Shelter Harbor for the second year that I was stationed at the Sub Base. It was the last neighborhood in Westerly heading east. We could see Block Island. There was a salt water pond at the end of the street where I would dig Quohogs. South County is beautiful.

Reactions: Dies_Irae
Status
Not open for further replies.