PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rastislav

Lurker
Oct 27, 2019
Greetings. Previously never used any tobacco products in my life, now entering my 60th year, I have been introduced to the amazing world of pipe smoking. Just starting to learn, and I can see from the vast expertise on these forums, it appears to be a whole world unto itself. I have procured a few pipes and some various tobaccos as I start my journey, but any advice or suggestions on which blends to try in order to expand my horizons is most appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Greetings from NE Florida. I spent most of my childhood in Pennsylvania, mostly German town, love it, I will move back one day. Probably Strasburg or Philly.

Reactions: Rastislav

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
BTW, Rastis, welcome & glad to have you! Upstate SC here. There are a lot of (us) geezers here but a lot of every other age range too, & as you've seen we aren't exactly shy about providing opinions. Definitely a whole 'nother world here, several in fact. Just the back/forth between the cob/anti-cob types is a planet just by itself! rotf

Bill

Reactions: kurtbob

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I am a big fan of the following readily available blends.
Escudo
Capstan Blue Flake
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Solani 633 and 660
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

You will need to research how to smoke flake tobacco. Flakes are my favorite cut of tobacco.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
Greetings. Previously never used any tobacco products in my life, now entering my 60th year, I have been introduced to the amazing world of pipe smoking. Just starting to learn, and I can see from the vast expertise on these forums, it appears to be a whole world unto itself. I have procured a few pipes and some various tobaccos as I start my journey, but any advice or suggestions on which blends to try in order to expand my horizons is most appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards.
Welcome from Philadelphia. Where in Pennsylvania are you? If you're in the Philly area you should try our Christopher Morley Pipe Club. Next meeting on 11/14. Message me for details.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.