PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
Thank you! I very much enjoy Virginias, and recently discovered Virgina Flake. Yum! Would love to get more 3 year matured virginia (a Dunhill blend) but not available right now. Love any suggestions for what would be an available replacement for that!
Not sure about a replacement for 3 Year Matured but I think Royal Yacht has a similar topping, though perhaps a bit stronger. I really enjoyed 3 Year Matured as well.

Reactions: Scottmi

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Welcome from Nashville.
Thank you! Turns out more and more people I know are moving to Nashville, Franklin and thereabouts. My son’s very significant girlfriend is currently living/working in Franklin and he’s been out there a couple+ times in the last year, and just back last week from most recent visit. They spent time in Gatlinburg and really enjoyed it!

Reactions: TN Jed

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Not sure about a replacement for 3 Year Matured but I think Royal Yacht has a similar topping, though perhaps a bit stronger. I really enjoyed 3 Year Matured as well.
Good! I have a new tin of Royal Yacht in my box’o’goodies right now. Not yet opened/tried. Will give it a try soon. Thx!

Reactions: MattRVA

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Thank you! Never been to Ohio (save a flight change in Columbus) but a very dear friend is from Lincoln. I think i’d Really enjoy fishing some of your streams!
Thanks. Closest I've been to your area was Anacortes and Bellingham when I was stationed in Seattle. It's absolutely beautiful up there.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Thank you! Been up and down the coast several times, and friends and family across the state (and dad grew up in Modesto). Where abouts are you in this LARGE state?
LA area. I know Modesto well...home of the famous arch and Ernest & Julio Gallo.

MtnGeo

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 29, 2021
Loveland, CO
Thank you! How far north? I looked at UC Boulder for college back then, and had a fantastic night at a party where we had run out the back when the police showed up! ;-) Beautiful place, loved the Flatirons! (Ended up staying local with Univ of Washington.) What mountain are you featuring here?
I'm in Loveland, CO not to be confused with the ski area. It's more east I'm about 7 miles from 25. Get more of a broad view of the mountains because I'm further east.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Thank you! Question, are there Korean pipe tobacco brands?
No there aren't.
In fact Korean pipe smokers are like unicorn shit. I only know of two, both of whom I introduced to pipe smoking. One is a young lady, a colleague of mine. The other is my wife's nephew, although I think his wife has bust his balls about it, so not sure if he still smokes his pipe.
Thinking on, if that's the case, I should ask for my pipe back!

Reactions: Scottmi

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
No there aren't.
In fact Korean pipe smokers are like unicorn shit. I only know of two, both of whom I introduced to pipe smoking. One is a young lady, a colleague of mine. The other is my wife's nephew, although I think his wife has bust his balls about it, so not sure if he still smokes his pipe.
Thinking on, if that's the case, I should ask for my pipe back!
Wow that is ..surprising. Are there any B&M shops or are you relegated to internet sourcing for tobacco? And may i ask, what do you smoke/are able to get?