PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2smoke

Lurker
Jan 1, 2014
Not sure how many fellow Canadians are on here but just wanted to say hello! I started smoking a pipe a few months back and now I'm hooked. Can't wait for the warm weather to be back so I can load up a bowl and relax, fireside by the lake. Any of my fellow Ontario residents know of any tobacconists or pipe shops near Me? I'm in Cobourg, about an hour east of Toronto.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Welcome love2smoke. There are quite a few Canadians here and should be able to give you info on tobacconists around you.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Welcome sir, hook up through PM with brdavidson and Pruss they operate a pipe club in Oshawa. They are great guys and will be a huge help in your journey. There is also a pipe shop in Oshawa but the name escapes me. I'm in Northern Ontario now but heading back to Southern Ontario in the spring.

Dec 24, 2012
I am on the other side of the GTA. As piper12 said, you should contact pruss or brdavidson and hook up with their Oshawa pipe club.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey there Love2smoke Victory cigars is a great shop in Oshawa that has a good selection of pipes and tobaccos, but more importantly they are fantastic people to deal with. We actually have our monthly pipe club meeting tonight at 6pm at Victory if you're interested. I'll send you a PM as well to give you some details.
Brian

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Cheers from Ottawa! Good to see our plot to Canadianize this forum is on target, eh?

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
Welcome. I am a former Ontario resident. Can't speak about local shops, however a lot of us order on line from the US because it is much cheaper, although I am still a supporter of the local shop. You will usually find different blend, and sound knowledge.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome aboard Love2smoke.
I'm in Ajax, toss a PM this way if you're ever coming out to visit Victory, or if you want to come our for one of our club nights.
Cheers,
-- Pat

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Ghost man you let the cat outta the bag! Now they know..... Peck was poised to win the 2nd battle of lundys lane with no shots fired. The best part is nobodys even gonna notice me lift Harris's stash cause I'm disguised as a maple tree covered in maple syrup shhhhhhhh......

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Well I'm pretty sure they aren't paying attention to us, but you may be right. We should probably start to converse about such things in Canadianese, our native language.
Beaver to see the Trebek to hoser the arena is in the fivehole, eh?

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Cooo roooo kooo kooo kooo kooo koo koo the stubby Ex washes the back bacon beavertail on the canal Wop May fly's tonight :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.