PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLpiper

Lurker
Jun 2, 2021
I'm Dave, live in NY. I've been looking for good resources and advice as I continue the pipe journey. Picked it up last year soon after lockdown, and have found it endlessly fascinating.

Many burnt tongues and sore throats during the learning curve, but as improve I understand more and more why pipe smoking means so much to a lot of people. When I can get that one in ten bowl and really taste the flavors, losing myself in the experience with a slow cadence and meditative mindset, there's nothing better. Working on getting more consistent and getting the best out of the pipe smoking experience.

I started with cobs and cheap briars. So far have gotten much better smokes out of the cobs, I think because the open draws help me practice the breath method. Watched a lot of the youtube channels (good to see Muttnchop Piper is back) and spend many hours during the day browsing online for bent billiards and flakes and coins and ribbons when I should be working.

Looking forward to learning from this community.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm Dave, live in NY. I've been looking for good resources and advice as I continue the pipe journey. Picked it up last year soon after lockdown, and have found it endlessly fascinating.

Many burnt tongues and sore throats during the learning curve, but as improve I understand more and more why pipe smoking means so much to a lot of people. When I can get that one in ten bowl and really taste the flavors, losing myself in the experience with a slow cadence and meditative mindset, there's nothing better. Working on getting more consistent and getting the best out of the pipe smoking experience.

I started with cobs and cheap briars. So far have gotten much better smokes out of the cobs, I think because the open draws help me practice the breath method. Watched a lot of the youtube channels (good to see Muttnchop Piper is back) and spend many hours during the day browsing online for bent billiards and flakes and coins and ribbons when I should be working.

Looking forward to learning from this community.
Welcome to our corner of the internet! Enjoy the forum!

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Welcome, and my sincere condolences. I too live in New York...Da-Bronx to be exact. Not a day goes by when I don't question my sanity, or my judgement.

Re: Pipe-Smoking: The learning curve should be interesting. Don't give up when you hit some plateaus. Patience brings its rewards.

Have fun and ask questions, often. Good luck.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from North Carolina. Are you in NY state or NYC? I like my MM cobs a lot. I have some refitted with acrylic stems from Forever, and have bought several special editions that come with acrylic stems.

dLpiper

Lurker
Jun 2, 2021
Hey from North Carolina. Are you in NY state or NYC? I like my MM cobs a lot. I have some refitted with acrylic stems from Forever, and have bought several special editions that come with acrylic stems.
Thanks. I've heard good things about Forever. I'm in NYC.

dLpiper

Lurker
Jun 2, 2021
Welcome, and my sincere condolences. I too live in New York...Da-Bronx to be exact. Not a day goes by when I don't question my sanity, or my judgement.

Re: Pipe-Smoking: The learning curve should be interesting. Don't give up when you hit some plateaus. Patience brings its rewards.

Have fun and ask questions, often. Good luck.
Thanks. I'm in Queens. Seems there aren't many good B&M shops around. Nat Sherman's closed down. I went to the old "De La Concha" which is now a Davidoff, but not a large pipe section.

Status
Not open for further replies.