PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Hello everyone - I started with a Pipe at age 17 - enjoyed it for a couple of years and then started cigarettes.

Now at age 62 I have picked up the Pipe again.

This Forum appears to be very informative - so I hope to learn a lot of new things and get to talk with fellow Pipers.

Oh and I live in North Wales Pa. Ken

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Hey, Ken!

I was going to make a wise-ass post that I lived in North Wales for a few years. North Wales, Pa.

I lived in an old Sears cottage, off North Wales Rd. where it crosses the Wissahickon Creek.
Welcome!

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the forums! I started the pipe 2 months ago and these forums have been a great help.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay is another smoker in Wales, mawnansmiff. He is a great guy."
Jay is actually a Yorkshireman living in Cornwall (in the village of Mawnan Smith, hence the screen name) but let's not let facts get in the way eh Michael :wink:
That said, there are at least two other residents of Wales on the forum as well as yourself Ken and at least two other residents of Cornwall.....both accomplished pipemakers.....other than myself....who is not a pipemaker.
All clear now?
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Eh, those locations are close enough together.... Much closer than Arizona and Missouri, but are different countries. Welsh, Scots, English, Irish- people and country—more different from each other than Massachusetts and California!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ken is from North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA. Montgomery County. It's a 1/2 hour north of Philadelphia. There are lots of towns in that area named by early settlers for their homes in the Old Country: Gwynedd, Plymouth, Croydon, Devon, Berwyn, Wyncote, St. David's, Chester, Warrington, Coventry and of course, Congo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pennsylvania is beautiful country. I too was all warmed up with remarks on other peoples' visit to Wales, U.K., all that singing etc. I'm in central N.C., the state Capital in Raleigh. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.