PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smokebacca

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Texas
Hello all. My name is Donald, or just Don, and I use the Smokebacca handle across the web. I'm on Instagram mostly and post tobacco reviews occasionally at various online retailers such as Smokingpipes, Tobaccopipes, and Pipesandcigars. I'm also active on the Get Piped Discord more recently. I've been smoking pipes since the late 80s but have been a steady piper since my college days in the early 90s. I started out with Balkan and English blends mostly, but I have smoked lots of different types and cuts of tobaccos since then. My grandfather and uncle both smoked pipes, but had quit before I was of age. I didn't have a lot of help learning how to smoke pipes and had to figure much of it out on my own which meant I wasted a lot of time and money doing things the wrong way. When I discovered there was a pipe community around the world that was using the internet to communicate, I learned more in five years than I had learned in the previous twenty-five. While there is a lot of information out there, I also know from personal experience that there is also a lot of bad advice given in attempts to be noticed or garner quick fame. Because of that, I like to help others, especially new pipe smokers If I can by sharing my own findings and experiences. But, I'm no expert, and I believe we never stop learning different aspects of the hobby/lifestyle.

Last edited:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Welcome from central Texas. Glad to have you here, Donald. I keep hearing about Discord (not to be confused with Dischord, the record label). I need to look into it, see what it’s all about.