PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

eieiowen

Lurker
Jul 13, 2022
Hi all. I have often read posts on this site and loved the information I've found here. I thought it was time to join you all.

I took up the hobby many years ago in college, then put it down for many years. I have been a pipe smoker actively for 5 years or so.

I'm fond of Va tobaccos, especially PS Luxury Navy Flake and Old Gowrie. Any recommendations on tobaccos like these? I'm not a huge fan of perique heavy tobaccos. The amount in these blends seems ideal.

I also like some good English blends. I'm a fan of SPC Plumb Pudding and Pease Westminster.

As for pipes, I find that I gravitate toward Peterson deluxe system pipes. Hope one day to own a nice antique Peterson.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for the great information this community has already shared with me.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi all. I have often read posts on this site and loved the information I've found here. I thought it was time to join you all.

I took up the hobby many years ago in college, then put it down for many years. I have been a pipe smoker actively for 5 years or so.

I'm fond of Va tobaccos, especially PS Luxury Navy Flake and Old Gowrie. Any recommendations on tobaccos like these? I'm not a huge fan of perique heavy tobaccos. The amount in these blends seems ideal.

I also like some good English blends. I'm a fan of SPC Plumb Pudding and Pease Westminster.

As for pipes, I find that I gravitate toward Peterson deluxe system pipes. Hope one day to own a nice antique Peterson.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for the great information this community has already shared with me.
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find some of the info and conversation helpful ?

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia

Welcome from Virginia

pharaohfitz

Lurker
May 13, 2010
Erehwon

Welcome from The Asheville area. Va or flue cured fan also. Like your favorite blends