PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

Lurker
Apr 17, 2022
Been smoking cigarettes since I was thirteen and picked up the pipe sometime in the early nineties. Quit cigarettes ten years ago but kept my pipes. A lifer, I just retired from the United States Marine Corps after over three decades of service and now have all this free time. I’m still processing…

I really felt alone as a pipe smoker until I discovered this site. As I started reading the posts on various topics and realized there was more to ‘this thing we do,’ information and techniques that helped me immeasurably. Damn if you can train an old marine new tricks.

I decided to pull the pin and join this site for the fellowship as birds of a feather flock together.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brick, welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I think N.C. is the most represented state or province on Forums. I'm a one-hitch Navy guy from back in the Trojan War, but in boot camp in San Diego, we used to look across the fence far away and see the USMC boots grinding out the miles. Boot camp on our side was no Sunday picnic, but I was always glad to be on that side of the fence. Retirement is great. Once you start scheduling your own plan of the day, things can get fast paced.

Status
Not open for further replies.