PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I just want to say hello as I've decided to pick up smoking a pipe after a 20 year hiatus. I started smoking a pipe at age 18 and smoked well into my late thirties when I decided to quit. Over that time I collected a lot of pipes, chacom, Ben Wade, GBD, Alpha, Stanwell and other not so well know pies just to name a few. Lost and broke a of them too over the years...lol. I was always an aromatic smoker with a tendency to lean toward Lane Ltd aromatics. Flash forward another 20 years and I've decided that the occasional cigar simply wasn't giving me the pleasure or satisfaction a pipe once did, so here I am cleaning repairing and freshening some of my old favorite pipes while looking forward to lighting one up once again. I've been looking through this site for a few days now and there is a lot if good info here and I'm looking forward to bei g a regular member.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I just joined too and am glad to have more fresh people joining up. I too enjoy cigars.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Welcome to the fold wulf! There’s a great group that meets once a month in nyc, and another I think that meets at JRs in Whippany. I’m up in Bergen County, where are you?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
NJ's an amazingly beautiful state. People always think of the industrial stretches, but the country is outstanding. You were smart to keep your pipes. Some of those returning to the pipe have to start all over. Welcome aboard.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
Welcome to the fold wulf! There’s a great group that meets once a month in nyc, and another I think that meets at JRs in Whippany. I’m up in Bergen County, where are you?
Good to know. I'm in Hunterdon County not all that far from Pennsylvania.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
If you're in Hunterdon I would think the closest pipe club with regular meetings would be the Lehigh Valley club; they meet at the Wooden Match in Bethlehem. I've never been to one of their get togethers but I know there are people on this forum who attend.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I’m a member. Great group of people. 4th Tuesday of each month ~7:00 pm. Wooden match, Bethlehem. Everyone is invited.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Welcome!

I'm in Germany these days (for now) but I'm originally from New Jersey. My family goes way back, largely in the Sourlands of Hunterdon and Mercer Counties and surrounding area (since the 1600/1700's). I was raised in Mercer County but left for the west as a teenager.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome Wulf! The Lehigh Valley club folks are the best, and several of their members are active here. The Wooden Match in Bethlehem is also fantastic.
I'm in Allentown overnight, early in December. Not on their regular meeting date, but I'll see if anyone is interestsed in a meet-up. (we have restaurant locations in Alletown, Flemington and Franklin)

Status
Not open for further replies.