PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
I have family in The City Different and Los Alamos. NM has many fine features.

The weather and scenery here is quite beautiful. There are some restrictions I don't like but the area I'm in is really conservative compared to the rest of New Mexico so I fit in nicely. I've been all over this state though. It's very rich in culture, history, and tradition. Very diverse.

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
Depends on my assignments. Today I have two in Farmington, and one in Aztec. Hopefully will have them all done by 1pm.

That's pretty cool. It's a small world . Have you been to the two pipe shops in ALBQ? I haven't had a chance to stop in since I started smoking pipes and I wonder if they're worth the time my next trip through there.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
That's pretty cool. It's a small world . Have you been to the two pipe shops in ALBQ? I haven't had a chance to stop in since I started smoking pipes and I wonder if they're worth the time my next trip through there.
Stags has a good selection of pipes, pipe tobacco, cigars and free smoking lounge. Montes is primarily a cigar store with a small section for pipes/pipe tobacco and members only smoking lounge.

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
Stags has a good selection of pipes, pipe tobacco, cigars and free smoking lounge. Montes is primarily a cigar store with a small section for pipes/pipe tobacco and members only smoking lounge.

Stags sounds like the place to go. Why would anyone want to pay a membership for a smoking lounge.. that's silly.

Reactions: addamsruspipe

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
Not at all. While not for you (or me for that matter) they wouldn't exist unless some folks found it not silly.
I suppose you are correct. The idea reminds me of an indoor shooting range which also seems silly when I can go to countless places and shoot my guns without paying anyone to do it lol. If I were a single man with nothing to do I might find the idea of a smoking lounge membership fascinating.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Or if you lived in apartment where you couldn't smoke, or wanted company, etc. Or a break from the other half.

Glad you have unlimited outdoors! I have just enough; it is definitely not unlimited.

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
Or if you lived in apartment where you couldn't smoke, or wanted company, etc. Or a break from the other half.

Glad you have unlimited outdoors! I have just enough; it is definitely not unlimited.
Unlimited outdoor areas is definitely one of the reasons I like where I am. Cities are fun because of all the things around, like smoke shops, but I can't stand being stuck in traffic every day. At least you don't have to go far to get away from all the noise and craziness. Albuquerque is absolutely nuts ?.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. My wife has a good friend in Santa Fe, so I get a certain amount of NM lore. A college mentor of mine lived out his life in Taos, though I knew him in his home state of Missouri.

Reactions: John43

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Welcome from Pennsylvania, about 30 miles from Boswell's. He is a good guy and his pipes and tobaccos are first rate.
I did a stint with IHS at Shiprock in the 80's, I imagine it has changed a lot since then. Every year since retirement I plan a road trip to Shiprock but something always comes up and I don't go.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. Spent some time in New Mexico about ten years ago...Santa Fe, Gallup and Madrid. Spent a day in Madrid during the filming of "Wild Hogs". Enjoyed every minute in N.M. and would like to return.

John43

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
New Mexico
Welcome from Illinois. Spent some time in New Mexico about ten years ago...Santa Fe, Gallup and Madrid. Spent a day in Madrid during the filming of "Wild Hogs". Enjoyed every minute in N.M. and would like to return.
Ha I kidnapped my wife from Illinois. I've got some family up there.

Reactions: scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.