PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc G

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Hello all,

Just found this forum tonight, I was a cigarette smoker for many years and had quit for quite some time, I started smoking cigars after raiding my brothers humidor on year visiting him and realizing that I was smoking too many cigars daily, I decided to try a pipe as a was to slow down the amount of cigars I am smoking per night,

I ordered a new pipe smoker kit from cigar international with my last cigar order and received a Crown 591 pipe and 3 versions of the captain Black pipe tobacco as well as some Gurkha Urban Legend That I ordered. I am enjoying the slower pipe smoking experience tonight.

still a lot to learn about pipe smoking as i though I was done and emptied a pipe with half unsmoked tobacco, but I am sure I will get better as time goes on,

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Keep at it and try some different blends. You could look up a few youtube vids on smoking techniques, charring lights, drying time, etc. as well. You are right, you’ll get better at it shortly and it’ll become second nature fairly shortly.

Tobacco wise, check out smokingpipes.com, much better than CI pipe-wise. Many bulk blends available in 1oz samples. Give some non-aromatics (english, virginia, virginia/perique, etc.) a go. These are natural blends without so much sugary topping like CB has.

Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska!!!!

DB7611A8-335E-491A-9829-57090BC8C5E1.jpeg

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Welcome from Pittsburgh :)

I lived in Nashville from 2005-late2008, what a cool city. It was heaven for me as I was a full-time musician back then. I feel like I barely recognize the place anymore.

Reactions: bnichols23

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Go over to smokingpipes.com and look at their best seller's top 10 pipe tobacco list.
Order 2 oz of any that sound good. Then add some pipes cleaners to your order. When trying them out- go slowly and savous the smoke. Taste it Take note of what you like. BTW. Welcome to the forum.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
still a lot to learn about pipe smoking as i though I was done and emptied a pipe with half unsmoked tobacco, but I am sure I will get better as time goes on,
Sometimes pipes will surprise you on that front. I've had bowls that just keep going beyond anything that makes sense as well as times where I can't believe it's already finished.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Great to have you here! I also smoked many boxes of cigars for about 15-20 years before picking back up my pipe and then going wild with the obsession the last few years. I love the variety in pipes, and community like this has really helped me grow and explore. Wish you well!

Status
Not open for further replies.