PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicity

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2020
Michigan
Hi folks, have reviewed many threads on this site and decided to join. I first entered the pipe smoking arena circa 2015/2016, but succumbed (yet) again to those darn cigarettes a year or so later. However, during those 1-2 years of smoking a pipe, I discovered a fondness for English blends. I subsequently purchased a good deal of tins during this time, mostly Dunhill: Nightcap, Dark Flake, Standard Mixture; as well as larger containers, such as: GL Pease Westminster, Drucquer & Sons Blairgowrie and a few different blends of Frog Morton. Fast forward to April of this year and I rediscovered my stock in an old tote in the basement. Upon opening the lid of the tote, I was met with an aroma that is just out of this world. I almost instantaneously threw away the Camels, dusted off the 4 pipes I have and started back in. Cellaring for 4 years really does wonders. Looking forward to getting back up to speed on what is new and exciting.

Reactions: indoeuro

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome. With all the crazy sh** going on in Michigan you need to be smoking a pipe lol. I am like you in that I was out for a while and when I came back I realized I had a lot of money in McClelland tobacco sitting up in my closet. I sent it to Pipestud to sell and have been buying some pipes and other tobacco that I can get on a regular basis. Cheers.

Simplicity

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2020
Michigan
Thanks, all! Interesting to dig through and see what has changed the past few years. Lots to think about during my evening pipe, especially here in Michigan.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Welcome, I started in 2015 and did the same thing if you exchange cigarettes for cigars and picked up the pipe again last year, enjoy those aged tins! If you are indeed like me you have entered the enabler zone and the hole is deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.