PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas. I spent the first 17 years of my life in Baltimore.

My parents traveled back east to visit recently and I had them bring me this:

1630978036564.png

My credentials:

1630978119810.png

I've been enjoying Luxury Bullseye Flake and C&D Pegasus in bulk lately.

Welcome to the forum!

1630978146387.jpeg

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Hello from Austin, Texas. I spent the first 17 years of my life in Baltimore.

My parents traveled back east to visit recently and I had them bring me this:

View attachment 96335

My credentials:

View attachment 96336

I've been enjoying Luxury Bullseye Flake and C&D Pegasus in bulk lately.

Welcome to the forum!

View attachment 96337
Hello Jay! Credentials are definitely still valid, and I hope your parents brought you back some old bay too! Do you ever find yourself missing the Maryland weather?

Reactions: kcghost

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello Jay! Credentials are definitely still valid, and I hope your parents brought you back some old bay too! Do you ever find yourself missing the Maryland weather?

We had steamed crabs yesterday evening, since I had to work today. I rarely miss the weather, usually when we get the month or two of straight triple digits. Not owning a snow shovel and year round motorcycling make up for the occasional swelter.

I DO miss the beaches and the old architecture. The third coast is underwhelming...

1630985410591.jpeg

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Welcome from Bel Air, MD. If you’re ever up this way, check out Main Street Cigar across the street from Harford Community College. A very nice selection of tins and bulk as well, not to mention a huge showcase of Italian made pipes!

As for fave bulk tobacco, it would be Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented for me! Have jars dating back as far as 2004!

Reactions: VegetableSpoons

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Welcome from Bel Air, MD. If you’re ever up this way, check out Main Street Cigar across the street from Harford Community College. A very nice selection of tins and bulk as well, not to mention a huge showcase of Italian made pipes!

As for fave bulk tobacco, it would be Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented for me! Have jars dating back as far as 2004!
Main Street Cigar has been the only B&M I've made my way into actually! I haven't been able to make the trip in the past few weeks, but their stock always has something I'm interested in. I've been getting into Gawith blends a whole lot more recently, so I'll have to try Dark Flake. I hear it's got a nice kick to it!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
We had steamed crabs yesterday evening, since I had to work today. I rarely miss the weather, usually when we get the month or two of straight triple digits. Not owning a snow shovel and year round motorcycling make up for the occasional swelter.

I DO miss the beaches and the old architecture. The third coast is underwhelming...

View attachment 96369
Year round motorcycling is definitely a bonus! Plus, a lot of good craft beer coming out of Texas.

pyratemate

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
Greetings everyone, I started smoking a pipe again this year after a 3 year hiatus and have found I really enjoy it! Most of my favorite blends so far have been virginia based, but I look forward to getting into my English blends a bit more when it cools down. After a little lurking, I decided it was my turn to join and say hello. A quick question to get to know everyone, what is your favorite bulk tobacco? Mine so far is Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake!
Welcome from Alabama!

Reactions: VegetableSpoons

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Main Street Cigar has been the only B&M I've made my way into actually! I haven't been able to make the trip in the past few weeks, but their stock always has something I'm interested in. I've been getting into Gawith blends a whole lot more recently, so I'll have to try Dark Flake. I hear it's got a nice kick to it!
Just actually noticed you’re from Harford County, so makes sense that is your B&M of choice! I’m right in Bel Air, so please shoot me a private message if interested in getting together for a smoke sometime. I don’t think I’ve sat across from a fellow pipe smoker and enjoyed a smoke in well over a year! It used to be that there were a lot of pipe guys at Main Street, but not their lounge is 99% cigar smokers…

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Just actually noticed you’re from Harford County, so makes sense that is your B&M of choice! I’m right in Bel Air, so please shoot me a private message if interested in getting together for a smoke sometime. I don’t think I’ve sat across from a fellow pipe smoker and enjoyed a smoke in well over a year! It used to be that there were a lot of pipe guys at Main Street, but not their lounge is 99% cigar smokers…
Sounds like a plan! I'll definitely shoot you a message when I'm back in the area. In the time I've been smoking a pipe again, I don't think I've seen any pipe smokers in the lounge so it's good to hear there's some friends nearby!

Status
Not open for further replies.