PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Greetings everyone, I started smoking a pipe again this year after a 3 year hiatus and have found I really enjoy it! Most of my favorite blends so far have been virginia based, but I look forward to getting into my English blends a bit more when it cools down. After a little lurking, I decided it was my turn to join and say hello. A quick question to get to know everyone, what is your favorite bulk tobacco? Mine so far is Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome. I smoke a lot of bulk. Right now I am enjoying C&D Bayou Night, PC Match Elizabethan, PC My Mixture 965, C&D Big'n'burley, and G&H Scottish Mixture. But there are many more I like.

Bethesda MD is the home of the mother church of biomedical research in the U.S.; I used to get up there several times year on business. It's a great asset to the State of Maryland. I think it has one of the highest subway escalators in the world. Cures or excites fears of heights.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

Apart from several tins hidden deep in my 'cellar', I mostly smoke bulk blends.

I've several favourites that include Butternut Burley, aged AJ's Vaper and one that I've not heard mentioned here; Jesses Own. A mild, very well balanced and tasty mix of Virginia, Maryland, Oriental/Turkish, Perique and Latakia.

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Bethesda MD is the home of the mother church of biomedical research in the U.S.; I used to get up there several times year on business. It's a great asset to the State of Maryland. I think it has one of the highest subway escalators in the world. Cures or excites fears of heights.
I haven't been on the NIH campus, but having gone past it once or twice it is massive. I've heard of the escalator you're talking about, it takes almost 4 minutes to get to the top. It'll cure your fear of heights and teach you patience!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
G'day and welcome from Oz.

Apart from several tins hidden deep in my 'cellar', I mostly smoke bulk blends.

I've several favourites that include Butternut Burley, aged AJ's Vaper and one that I've not heard mentioned here; Jesses Own. A mild, very well balanced and tasty mix of Virginia, Maryland, Oriental/Turkish, Perique and Latakia.
I have still yet to smoke a blend with Maryland leaf in the ingredients, I'll have to give it a try!

Reactions: chopper

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Greetings from West Virginia! I would say, at this moment, my favorite bulk blends would be Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match and Sutliff Field and Stream Match. The wonderful thing about this hobby is that the favorites change frequently.
I've been meaning to get more burley in my pipe, and those sound like just what the doctor ordered. Thank you for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.