PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MarkTravis

Lurker
Nov 13, 2022
I am a new pipe smoker. Though familiar with tobacco most of my nearly 6 decades. I have purchased a few vintage pipes, and a few tobacco’s. Captain Black, Autumn Evening, Winding Road, and Blockade Runner. The art of pipe smoking is intriguing to me, and as I never do anything half assed, looks like I will be reading and learning a lot from the ole pros here. would appreciate a few suggestions for tobacco. I lean towards the aromatics, but certainly appreciate a good smooth English blend. I also am looking forward to blending some to get the perfect smoke for me. Looking forward to making acquaintances, and pipe smoking friends. Godspeed

MarkTravis

Lurker
Nov 13, 2022
Hi from Nola! I’m fairly new as well but Sutliff Crème Brûlée is one that I enjoy.
Thank you, I will certainly be trying this. It sounds good! I’m in CenLa, no real pipe shops here. Hoping to visit one in the Crescent city during our next trip down. Do you have a fave?

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia.Don't overlook the Codger blends when looking for a tobacco. They have been around for a long time because they are good. Prince Albert, Sir Walter Raleigh, Heines Blend, Half and Half and more. Also the Match blends of older tobaccos are very good, such as Walnut.

Reactions: MarkTravis