PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Hello fellow pipers. Every time I search the internet about anything involving pipes, it brings me here. I've been lurking for a while, but figured I'd jump in. I'm Johnbrody15, John and Brody are two of my dogs, John is in my avatar and Brody is in a small box at my ex mother-in-law's house (long story, but ex wife got the dogs and some time later, her mom got the ashes).

I've been smoking pipes, but I did it in phases. As a teen, I smoked aros in drug store cobs. As a young adult, I leaned towards Frog Morton, Maltese Falcon, and MacBaren blackwoods flake, but I had yet to know anything about different blends and different kinds of tobaccos. Now in my 40's, I'm a sophistimacated pipe smoker, and enjoy exploring all blends. I usually rotate five or six blends from the collection. Currently, I've got some Beck's Ol Limey Bastard (an old favorite), White Knight (A new favorite) Quiet Nights (old favorite) Ennerdale Flake (new favorite) Bob's Chocolate Flake (Just started this one), and HH Old Dark Fired (Still trying to figure this one out).
I'm enamored by the pipe smoking hobby in its entirety. From the knowledge of the pipe and the tobacco, to the taste and smells, to the rituals surrounding packing, smoking, storing....it's all good stuff. Beyond that, I've carved a few pipes from kits. The first two I had to toss, liked the next two, and I'm working on 5 and 6. That's a whole 'nother world of knowledge to obtain.
My favorite color is green and I had to search up Mixture 79.....should I try it?
Thanks for having me, and I look forward to enjoying the forums.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Thank you for the welcomes! Since I posted the intro I'm already doing some good learnin' I've already got two new tobaccos to try and realize that I know nothing lol

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
You MUST smoke an entire pouch of Mixture 79... That's the initiation to being a "real" pipe smoker!
Just kidding of course. I actually kinda like the stuff.
Welcome

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
You MUST smoke an entire pouch of Mixture 79... That's the initiation to being a "real" pipe smoker!
Just kidding of course. I actually kinda like the stuff.
8O :) I read the reviews on tobacco reviews and.......someone mentioned urinal cake.....

Status
Not open for further replies.