PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
Hello to all! My name is David Preston and I live in Louisville, Kentucky

Louisville is home to the Kentucky Derby Horse Race, and real close to where the Colonel first made his ‘Kentucky Fried Chicken”.

I am retired military where I started smoking cigars when I was 17. I graduated to pipes a few years later and enjoyed both until about 5 years ago. Now I am almost exclusively smoking pipes.

As far as tobacco goes I haven’t really found much I don’t like, although some aromatics are a little awkward for my palate.

I truly believe when I find a favorite tobacco blend, it becomes scarce, (or extinct ) such as the McCelland Frog Morton “Across The Pond"

I look forward to learning from my fellow Pipers and hope to contribute where I can.

Well, I’m off for a cold drink and to Burn a Bowl so good wishes to all and Thank You for allowing me to become a member in this forum!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, from central North Carolina. My older sister lived in Lexington years ago just after she was married. A college buddy worked for decades on the Lexington metro newspaper as a copy editor but has retired to his home place in St. Louis, Mo. My wife and I watch the Triple Crown races every year and are looking forward to Belmont this Saturday. Welcome aboard. One of my favorite easy-to-do cave adventures is Mammoth Cave; I've done that several times including the underground river. If you haven't, I highly recommend.

Reactions: kurtbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As far as tobacco goes I haven’t really found much I don’t like, although some aromatics are a little awkward for my palate.
hello. I have to agree. There are lots of blends I won't buy again but that I did enjoy. The only ones I don't like just do not agree with me (Captain Black and a few other overly treated pouch tobaccos.)

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Welcome from another veteran, this one from the Second Jewel of the Triple Crown!

I know what you mean about trying to find your favorite blends. They're all (mostly anyways) so good!

Reactions: niblicck
Status
Not open for further replies.