PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msattler

Lurker
Apr 11, 2019
Iowa
You crazy westerners! Welcome from Michigan. Gotta be more to your wild story living in Iowa!
I suppose lol. I am an Air Force veteran who works in construction. I love old things (grew up with everything new, so I suppose it was an act of rebellion), so I have been restoring motorcycles, old guns, pipes, my house. Love dogs. Have a Cane Corso named Apollo and a Presa Canario named Francisco Franco. I am a WW2 buff, collect German and American. I am married with no kids... I used to make wine and beer, but have let that hobby fall to the wayside. That's about all I can think of lol.

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Now that’s what I’m talking about! I can totally relate to what your putting down now. I love old stuff too and enjoy fixing it also, cause it’s possible. Old guns are cool and my motorcycle has a carb. Lots of gun and motorcycle fans here, everybody loves a big scary dog, and vets get respect!
Your cool in my book for whatever that’s worth.

Reactions: msattler

msattler

Lurker
Apr 11, 2019
Iowa
Now that’s what I’m talking about! I can totally relate to what your putting down now. I love old stuff too and enjoy fixing it also, cause it’s possible. Old guns are cool and my motorcycle has a carb. Lots of gun and motorcycle fans here, everybody loves a big scary dog, and vets get respect!
Your cool in my book for whatever that’s worth.
I just picked up a 1870-1880s double barrel that I am going to use as a wall hanger down in my man cave. There's just something about bringing life back to something that people think is obsolete. I've got 3 carbureted bikes and 1 that is efi.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and trudger

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I'm originally from the Chicago area, and my wife was born in Keokuk, Iowa, though she grew up in northeast Missouri between the Iowa line and the Mississippi. Keokuk was the the nearest hospital with a maternity ward. In my childhood my family would visit my aunt, uncle and cousins in DesMoines.

Reactions: msattler
Status
Not open for further replies.