PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz Saw

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2022
Southeast Indiana
Hello from Indiana, born and raised on a burley tobacco farm in Kentucky. I have been a mechanic, diesel and heavy equipment, for my adult life. Have been lurking here awhile and thought best to join, although I really don't know how much I can contribute. Smoking a pipe on and off since the early 1990's, and just finished a bowl of Molto Dolce in a 1992 J.M. Boswell that my wife purchased for me in 1992. Tobacco interests are varied, mostly English and Balkan, but some aromatics as well, see above. I suppose if I could only smoke one blend for the rest of my life it would probably be Arango Balkan Supreme.

Own four pipes, the Boswell for the aromatics, a Peterson System for English, a Meershaum, and a cheap basket pipe for knocking around.
Thanks, Larry, aka Buzz Saw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Welcome from Wisconsin! We're your relatives pipe smoker at all, hence the farm?

And don't feel bad, I don't ever have much to contribute, but they still promoted me! Haha

Buzz Saw

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2022
Southeast Indiana
Welcome from Wisconsin! We're your relatives pipe smoker at all, hence the farm?
Had relatives that smoked a pipe, more were cigarette smokers. In the area that I grew up, most, not just our family, were tobacco farmers or were in some way tied to a farm. This was true until the mid 1980's, when things started to change. That should probably be another post regarding the downfall of the family tobacco farm.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Had relatives that smoked a pipe, more were cigarette smokers. In the area that I grew up, most, not just our family, were tobacco farmers or were in some way tied to a farm. This was true until the mid 1980's, when things started to change. That should probably be another post regarding the downfall of the family tobacco farm.
Yes share this as well!

Reactions: LotusEater
Status
Not open for further replies.