PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Welcome from Ontario, Canada! What took you so long to join us?! puffy

I am not an internet savvy kind of guy, I did not know this place even existed till I started researching best places to buy a pipe on line...
Then I was able to do a lot of thread searching here....
Glad I found it...

A friend from another forum (A Catholic forum) mentioned the passing of matches 860...and so I started binge watching his videos..I was so moved by the outpouring over his passing and then by his gentle, informative, reflective videos it pushed me to join.
Life is too short, might as well enjoy it with folks who appreciate it.
I find pipe smokers are that kind of people..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BlueMaxx, welcome aboard from central N.C. I grew up in Chicagoland, so I know that part of the world. Always intrigued driving through Indiana flat country with the 360 degree horizon. That Sav 320 is one of the most popular pipes on Forums, so you are like-minded. I don't have the 320, but many Savs.

Reactions: BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
BlueMaxx, welcome aboard from central N.C. I grew up in Chicagoland, so I know that part of the world. Always intrigued driving through Indiana flat country with the 360 degree horizon. That Sav 320 is one of the most popular pipes on Forums, so you are like-minded. I don't have the 320, but many Savs.

I like it...a bit larger than I expected but a good sitting pipe....I picked up a smaller Savinelli in Bloomington a few days ago with more of a bend.
I am into antique clock repair and wanted a light pipe that had a little bend and long enough to keep the smoke from drifting up into my face.
The 320 wasn't not working for me in that situation.
I am also ordering the matches860 memorial Sav and am about to get a Savinelli Miele 626 which is only 36.85 grams and should be a good "clincher" while at the bench.
So, I admit freely to being an addict now. :col:

Reactions: philobeddoe

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I used to live in Alaska quite a few years ago...in Fairbanks for awhile then I lived in Anchorage and was a bush Paramedic out in Bethel working a LifeFlight for the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation......hope your doing well up there!

Right on! Yeah, I live on the Knik River and commute into Anchorage for work. Worked in Prudhoe Bay for 8 years though, and dozens of different villages, so very familiar with LifeFlight, haha.

Reactions: BlueMaxx
Status
Not open for further replies.