PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Greetings everyone,
I've been smoking cigars pretty seriously for around 20 years, and within the last year or so I really started to enjoy piping. Now I have several coolers full of cigars that will age pretty much forever lol. I smoke a variety of blends though I'm not big on the aromatics with the exception of a few crossovers. I don't have much free time nowadays with a 19 month old son, but I do have a few hives of bees as a hobby. My avatar is the side of a hive last summer.
I really enjoy this community and look forward to the learning and sharing that is sure to come.
-Billy

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome dude! There are a few guys from Houston on the forum. I'm from the Austin area.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Nice! Also from the Houston (Katy area). Seems like we have something in common. I have a humidor with about 30 sticks resting. Since I have started pipe smoking, I think I've had only two stoagies. Looks like we both found the true winner!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Welcome to the forum!

I just recently sent a couple pipes and various samplings of tobacco to a buddy in Houston and he's enjoying it.

Any B&M shops in the north/far north Houston area you'd recommend that I could pass along to him?

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Lone Star Tobacco might be worth a shot. Ben, the owner was a big time pipe guy back in the day. They moved locations further north and I think his son runs it now though. The only "real" pipe shop in Houston that I know of is the Briar Shoppe in Rice Village, they have a decent selection of bulk tobacco, but a very limited selection of tins.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin.
My wife and I have discussed beekeeping a few times. Maybe I'll PM you an inquiry some time.
Welcome!
jay-roger.jpg

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome to the forum, Billy.
Now I have several coolers full of cigars that will age pretty much forever lol.
Not forever, sir. We are here to help :nana:
I don't have much free time nowadays with a 19 month old son
My son is almost 2.5 years old, I can only smoke a bowl or two after he goes to the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.