Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Welcome :)
My family is from letcher county. Burleys are good to start imo. You will probably want something with a high nic content, coming from cigs. Cornell and Diehl make a few good strong tasty burleys.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome from Knik River, Alaska!

If you are quitting cigs you’ll want some high nicotine blends, anything Burley from Cornell and Diehl, maybe some Virginias (GL Pease Union Square and Capstan Blue Flake are good ones). Grab and english blend or two as well. Peterson Nightcap and Seattle Pipe Club Plum pudding are good options.

Reactions: peregrinus

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Hello and welcome from Idaho!

There is good advice here on tobaccos you might try. My suggestion would be to pick 2 or 3 and then settle and get acquainted with your pipe. It can be a little frustrating at first.
You have doubtless already discovered there is a wealth of info here from people who started out just like you.
Happy smoking my friend!

Reactions: bnichols23

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. A few years ago my wife and I stayed at a couple of Kentucky's state lodges... Dupont Lodge Cumberland Falls (Corbin) and Hemlock Lodge Natural Bridge (Slade). We also spent time visiting Red River Gorge, Lexington, Louisville and Mammoth Cave. Kentucky is a beautiful state...we'll be back.

Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.