PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
Hi Everyone,
New member from England here, new to pipe smoking but always enjoyed being in a room with pipe smokers. My mum's dad and dad's dad both smoked pipes so I was around pipes a lot growing up, and the smell of a burning pipe is one that I enjoy.
I'm a cigarette smoker, usually, but want a taste of the finer things in life. :)
I've got a couple of pipes at my disposal, and have given it a go, not had much luck but you will all hear about this in my up-coming posts. This one is just to say hey!
- Josh

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
Thanks guys!
I've not got much experience, being 24 I'm still learning the ropes, so I'm sure I will have more questions than answers, but this seems to be the most extensive pipe-smoking forum, I've been lurching for a few weeks.
Seems a friendly community, so cheers!!
- Josh

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Josh. Clever name Piperbole, a play on the word hyperbole perhaps?
Here's a piperbole..."My pipe smoked so hot, I had to wear an oven mitt".

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's a piperbole..."My pipe smoked so hot, I had to wear an oven mitt".
Nice!
Josh- Where, approx., do you live? Kenny Barnes lives in Cornwall, and another lives in Devon, and another dozen in parts unknown to me.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Welcome from Iceland! Soon you will forget those cigarettes. With this amount of beautiful pipes and delicious pipe tobaccos around you won't have money for cigarettes :lol:

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
Well I was thinking of a witty name but my initial one was taken... wesleypipes Haha!
Play on hyperbole absolutely.
I'm from Cheshire for all those from England, so a bit further north than Kenny et al from Devon and Conrwall.

Status
Not open for further replies.