PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Welcome from Oregon and thanks for saving old pipes. I'm sure they love to be smoked again, and I'll bet they each have some stories that we'll never know.

RalphiesDad

Lurker
Jan 14, 2022
Eastern WA State
Welcome from Oregon and thanks for saving old pipes. I'm sure they love to be smoked again, and I'll bet they each have some stories that we'll never know.
Great callout, Romaso. I got 2 pipes from a lady at the antique store which were from her hubby's grandfather. Gramps was a judge in Bristol TN. 1 is a thorneycroft and the other is a gefapip french chimney style. He had some class for sure as these are beautiful pipes and either hardly used or cleaned regularly. No shitty aromatics in either. I'm curious how many poor bastards he put behind bars for various reasons. Who knows.

Reactions: romaso

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey folks,

I'm excited to join this community and learn what I can about this insanely addictive hobby.

I got my first pipe from a close friend during Xmas week 2021 and have been hooked ever since. My collection is now at 22 pipes, 18 of those are estates. My intent is (was?) to restore and sell estates but not sure if that will ever happen, I get attached to the thrill of finding them and fixing them.

I've already built a retort and a pipe stand, with plans to continue making more stands from whatever scrap wood I have laying around.

Thanks for having me here!
Sounds like you've jumped in with both feet.

Welcome to the hobby/past time, and welcome to the forum.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Hey folks,

I'm excited to join this community and learn what I can about this insanely addictive hobby.

I got my first pipe from a close friend during Xmas week 2021 and have been hooked ever since. My collection is now at 22 pipes, 18 of those are estates. My intent is (was?) to restore and sell estates but not sure if that will ever happen, I get attached to the thrill of finding them and fixing them.

I've already built a retort and a pipe stand, with plans to continue making more stands from whatever scrap wood I have laying around.

Thanks for having me here!
Where in Eastern Washington are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.