PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome from Perth, Western Australia.

Sounds like you've got a great setup with the woods so close by.

While bush walking is very enjoyable here, it is not quite the same experience in a 40 degrees C heat. Besides, with all the bushfires going on I don't think seeing someone smoke in the bush would be appreciated at the moment.

I totally understand that. I hope there is a speedy recovery in Australia.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I'm Paddy, working in Dublin. I'm new to this site, and also to pipe smoking.

It's great to find a pipe community like this and I'm looking forward to learning from ye guys and girls.

I took up the hobby to accompany sitting beside a campfire, or a pause in a morning walk in the woods.

Dublin, is great for its proximity to forests and hills. I can be out and back before work. It's just a pity there is no pipe club here.

Looking forward to getting to know you all here.

All the best,
Paddy

Spent some time in Dublin. Beautiful city, great people, good beer and whiskey... which are both very important to me (well, good people are nice to have 'round too)..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In Dublin, I asked a riverside coffee stand vender if there were boat rides on the Liffey, and he patiently took me over to the rail above the river and pointed out a grocery trolley submerged mid-river only half submerged. He was kind and soft-spoken about it, but I've been amused with my naiveté ever since.

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
In Dublin, I asked a riverside coffee stand vender if there were boat rides on the Liffey, and he patiently took me over to the rail above the river and pointed out a grocery trolley submerged mid-river only half submerged. He was kind and soft-spoken about it, but I've been amused with my naiveté ever since.

Haha Knowing Dublin, that shopping trolley boat trip was probably over-priced anyway.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

No pipe club in Dublin? Have you knocked about the Peterson shop and asked there?

Wonderful city you live in. In addition to the sites and sights mentioned above, I found two very nice pipes on sale at the Pete shop when there a few years ago.

Reactions: Apipeinthewoods

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

No pipe club in Dublin? Have you knocked about the Peterson shop and asked there?

Wonderful city you live in. In addition to the sites and sights mentioned above, I found two very nice pipes on sale at the Pete shop when there a few years ago.

I haven't asked about a club there, but it is a great shop with helpful staff.
But it's a good shout for next time I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.