PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabasco

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Dubai
I used to be a pipe smoker for many years in the last century and gave up on it for reasons I do not really understand now. During the COVID lockdown early in 2020 I could not get the thought of smoking a pipe out of my head and I started to get the utensils together. The resources in country are pretty limited so it took me a few weeks to get "ready to smoke". Since then I am back in the pipe smoking world and in a much more enthusiastic way than before. I have acquired a handful of pipes by now from different manufacturers, preferring bend models over straight ones and big bowls over smaller ones. My favorite tobaccos are English, English Crossover and Aromatics but I do not mind a straight Virginia/Perique either. Recently I started to read a lot about curing, casing, flavoring and blending tobaccos and might start exploring this a bit further.

Aug 1, 2012
Welcome. Dubai was fun for me but my friends had a hard time working there (they are French) as the philosophies of life are completely different from what they know. Who knows, maybe you can trade some of the fantastic dates you can get there for some tobaccos from elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.