PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Maybe Kevin should move pipesmagazine to Canada to get closer to most of the membership. My family vacationed in Canada when I was in my teens, and I've been to Toronto twice on business and Montreal for my sixtieth. I like the big black squirrels and the dry cold (at least when I was there one March). I was impressed with the piloting of the tour boat on the St. Lawrence turning that big hull away from those snuggling rocks in the current.

forflakessake

Lurker
Jun 26, 2020
ON, Canada
There are still a ton of flakes to try. Get I’m on it while you can!

Welcome from NL.
Marlin, straight Virginia (Mr. B), macbaren Navy, HH ODF, HH Latakia, SG Balkan, and newminister 400 navy stocked. Got some Peterson *heart eyes* Flake in the mail.

Flake Personal Preference
1. Dunhill Flake
2. HH Latakia Flake
2. MacBaren Navy
4. Newminister Navy
5. The lot

lastly, the SG Balkan just isn’t quite doing it, the flavour is great, but the effort required is too distracting in comparison.

perhaps this might spawn some further suggestions?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
perhaps this might spawn some further suggestions?
I couldn’t possibly narrow it down for you. You’ve got Virginia flake, English flake, burley flake, all of it! You’re casting a wide enough net I’d say.

For one that’s a bit out there, the flake I was most surprised by is Brunello Flake. Kind of a Virginia semi-aro flake with the nicest subtle sweet topping. Can’t put my finger on it, but it’s a great sweetener to the base tobaccos.

Reactions: forflakessake
Status
Not open for further replies.