PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaoolin

Lurker
Jun 26, 2020
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum and want to say hello to all members. Born and raised in France but living in Canada for 19 years, I grew up watching my father smoke the pipe until he had to quit due to some heart issues. Smoke a few myself when I was much younger, but never really stuck with it (and at the time I was smoking cigarettes which I quit 15 years ago).

So basically not only new to this community but also new to the pipe world even though I was not that far from it throughout my life. Always was fascinated by the craftsmanship, the history, the flavours, and decided to jump onboard this week.

After spending some time reading several beginner's guides for packing, lighting, smoking and cleaning, I just finished my first bowl to break my first (but certainly not last) pipe, a Sherlock Holmes Watson Smooth which I packed with Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey. Took me 1h30 as I did not want to damage the pipe and also start building a cake.

I am hooked. Did not see the time fly, and felt immense relaxation and pleasure just savouring the pipe while the evening was setting down. Of course had to re-light a half dozen times through the smoke, but every minute was totally worth it. Look forward to learning from this community and deepening my knowledge and pleasure.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Welcome from NL. Don’t forget to look up Blatter & Blatter if you’re near Montreal. They moved here in 1907 and started making pipes, on their fourth generation in the business.

Reactions: canucklehead

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Welcome, it'll only get more enjoyable from here - especially with the community around it! ?

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Welcome! This is the beginning of a truly great hobby. I would say that I envy that beginning, except I know that it only gets better and more fulfilling from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.