PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwa

Lurker
Dec 24, 2020
Los Altos, CALIFORNIA
Great to be here. I am a novice when it comes to pipe smoking with hopes to learn from you all and enjoy my small set of pipes. Growing up around pipe smokers and their homes, everything about tobacco, pipes, cigars, and the smell of tobacco in smoking rooms makes me nostalgic. My first pipe was a gift from an uncle. A Kiko with a meerschaum lining that he bought for himself when he lived in Africa. I also have a Radice and a W. O. Larsen that I bought from my dear friends at Edward's Pipe and Tobacco, a decades old local institution, that it saddens me write, closed for good yesterday. The camaraderie that friends of Edward's brought to their afternoon smoking sessions was quite wonderful to experience. I wouldn't be surprised to find a similar camaraderie any place that pipe smokers gather, be it in-person or online in forums such as this!

I look forward to reading posts, learning from you all, and contributing to the extent I can. Thank you all and best wishes.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Wow. I had no idea about Edward's. Thanks for letting it be known on here. I was up north visiting my folks in San Rafael about a year and a half ago. Stopped into Edward's and got my first real pipe there, a Savinelli Mattone 601 bent billiard. Great shop; I can definitely see how it will be missed by the locals. All the best to you this Xmas season!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Edwards used to make Iwan Ries house pipes, in their Benton series but stamped Iwan Ries, in oil-cured Algerian briar, of which I have a few. IR has long since sourced its house pipes elsewhere, currently from Genod. It sounds like you have a good pipe rotation. I always learn something on Forums. Welcome aboard from central N.C.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and vishwa

vishwa

Lurker
Dec 24, 2020
Los Altos, CALIFORNIA
Wow. I had no idea about Edward's. Thanks for letting it be known on here. I was up north visiting my folks in San Rafael about a year and a half ago. Stopped into Edward's and got my first real pipe there, a Savinelli Mattone 601 bent billiard. Great shop; I can definitely see how it will be missed by the locals. All the best to you this Xmas season!
Welcome. And thank you for your message. Happy Xmas season to you as well! Edward's are packing up today and tomorrow. Went there this morning and caught up with folks. Ended up buying a Bjarne that I had been eyeing for a year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.