PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep

Lurker
Jun 7, 2021
Sarawak, Borneo
Hello, Im Pep from Borneo in SEA. And I love to Smoke.
I registered to this place simply because I have questions and I am relatively new to Pipe Smoking.

I used to smoke pipes a couple of years ago, smoking RYO shags,
and had stopped for a while because my usual grocer doesn't stock them anymore
(surprisingly I found them in another town with a new packaging earlier this year).

Only until 2 months ago, when I stumble across a topic with my missus on art and drawings,
where I mentioned Mary's art(Frog Morton) to my missus since she was going into children's book,
The following day, I ordered me some corn cobs from a retailer who used to sell 'em to me.
The retailer however told me he doesn't sell pipes anymore and introduced me to another,
from which I currently got me pipes from, due to Covid, it usually takes 2 weeks or more for my pipes to get here via airmails.
I had also visited my local tobacconist and got me a beginner's Briar along with some other things like the Czech tools and tins.

I learn more about pipe smoking from youtube mainly from Muttnchop, Aristocob, Canerodpipe and George Bruno. (God bless Alan Kerslake and his soul)

I currently have a few Corncobs and a beginner's briar.
Also have a few tobaccos to pair with each of the pipes with.

Thank you for having me.

p.s. My main intention of going back into Pipes was because I want to get meself some Frog Mortons only to find 'em no longer available :(

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Hello, Im Pep from Borneo in SEA. And I love to Smoke.
I registered to this place simply because I have questions and I am relatively new to Pipe Smoking.

I used to smoke pipes a couple of years ago, smoking RYO shags,
and had stopped for a while because my usual grocer doesn't stock them anymore
(surprisingly I found them in another town with a new packaging earlier this year).

Only until 2 months ago, when I stumble across a topic with my missus on art and drawings,
where I mentioned Mary's art(Frog Morton) to my missus since she was going into children's book,
The following day, I ordered me some corn cobs from a retailer who used to sell 'em to me.
The retailer however told me he doesn't sell pipes anymore and introduced me to another,
from which I currently got me pipes from, due to Covid, it usually takes 2 weeks or more for my pipes to get here via airmails.
I had also visited my local tobacconist and got me a beginner's Briar along with some other things like the Czech tools and tins.

I learn more about pipe smoking from youtube mainly from Muttnchop, Aristocob, Canerodpipe and George Bruno. (God bless Alan Kerslake and his soul)

I currently have a few Corncobs and a beginner's briar.
Also have a few tobaccos to pair with each of the pipes with.

Thank you for having me.

p.s. My main intention of going back into Pipes was because I want to get meself some Frog Mortons only to find 'em no longer available :(
Welcome! Where in Borneo?

Reactions: OzPiper

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
To me Borneo is at the other end of the earth. Borneo, that's a fur piece. Anyway, when I saw the banner that someone new from Borneo had registered, I was drawn to read the thread and bid you welcome. That you are already watching Alan Kerslake says volumes about your online attunement to pipes. A big, big welcome!

Is there much of the forest left?

Pep

Lurker
Jun 7, 2021
Sarawak, Borneo
To me Borneo is at the other end of the earth. Borneo, that's a fur piece. Anyway, when I saw the banner that someone new from Borneo had registered, I was drawn to read the thread and bid you welcome. That you are already watching Alan Kerslake says volumes about your online attunement to pipes. A big, big welcome!

Is there much of the forest left?
Depends on context, im not sure about the other part of the island but at least from what i know, folks periodically still got lost in em from times to times.

Status
Not open for further replies.