PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. My wife spent a few days in Basel, November 2008. We stayed at the Sorell Hotel Merian on the river, ate roasted Maroni nuts on the Mittlere Brücke, toured a church with a green tiled roof (don't remember the name), purchased a couple of watches including this pocket watch and we walked everywhere. We had a great time...it's a nice city.

PeterSz

Lurker
Nov 4, 2019
Welcome from Illinois. My wife spent a few days in Basel, November 2008. We stayed at the Sorell Hotel Merian on the river, ate roasted Maroni nuts on the Mittlere Brücke, toured a church with a green tiled roof (don't remember the name), purchased a couple of watches including this pocket watch and we walked everywhere. We had a great time...it's a nice city.
View attachment 7271
Great to hear that :) The maroni (chestnut) season just came back as the days are colder and you can buy them everywhere in the city. The church you have mentioned is the Munster, still there in her full majesty!!!! :) We have 2 brilliant pipeshops as well in the city, next time you come, you must visit them! Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I would love to see Basel, especially during the watch show some year.

Thank god pipes are mostly cheaper than watches.

Reactions: PeterSz

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Welcome from Oregon, USA. My family is from Langnau in Emmental on my father's side and from Konolfingen on my mother's side. The family farm is still in use just outside of Konolfingen. My fraternal grandmother was born there in the 1870's. Great country!! Hoppes

Reactions: PeterSz
Status
Not open for further replies.