PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmferebee

Lurker
Jan 1, 2021
Hello all! I'm a college music professor from the Atlanta area. I started smoking pipes while an undergraduate (round about 2003), joined the Atlanta Pipe Club (where I learned from the best, saltiest, knowledgeable, and generous folks), and even worked at one of the last proper pipe shops in the city. Moved to the UK in '06 to finish up studying and moved back to Atlanta in '14. Unfortunately, as grad students are always broke, I had to get out of the pipe game until funds reestablished themselves.

Tobaccos-wise, I'm an SG, G&H, Germain's guy, but also love just about everything Greg Pease has done, as well as most of Jeremy Reeve's/C&D's stuff. Since getting back in the game, all has been an act of rediscovery and I've been trying everything I can while also reevaluating my old biases (like categorically eschewing aromatics -- I've been able to find some truly fantastic ones).

As for pipes, I'd love to have a some of everything, but I tend to go for older English pipes while also trying to collect any Chris Askwiths and Ian Walkers that I can. Taylor (and some Craig!) Ashtons, Ferndowns, and older Dunhills were (and still tend to be) my mainstay, but I love a good Castello, Ardor, or Rinaldo; and recently I've been able to get some great Tinskys, a beautiful Adam Davidson, and have commissioned a Neal Monier.

Really excited to be on this forum as it's been a phenomenal source of information!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Hello all! I'm a college music professor from the Atlanta area. I started smoking pipes while an undergraduate (round about 2003), joined the Atlanta Pipe Club (where I learned from the best, saltiest, knowledgeable, and generous folks), and even worked at one of the last proper pipe shops in the city. Moved to the UK in '06 to finish up studying and moved back to Atlanta in '14. Unfortunately, as grad students are always broke, I had to get out of the pipe game until funds reestablished themselves.

Tobaccos-wise, I'm an SG, G&H, Germain's guy, but also love just about everything Greg Pease has done, as well as most of Jeremy Reeve's/C&D's stuff. Since getting back in the game, all has been an act of rediscovery and I've been trying everything I can while also reevaluating my old biases (like categorically eschewing aromatics -- I've been able to find some truly fantastic ones).

As for pipes, I'd love to have a some of everything, but I tend to go for older English pipes while also trying to collect any Chris Askwiths and Ian Walkers that I can. Taylor (and some Craig!) Ashtons, Ferndowns, and older Dunhills were (and still tend to be) my mainstay, but I love a good Castello, Ardor, or Rinaldo; and recently I've been able to get some great Tinskys, a beautiful Adam Davidson, and have commissioned a Neal Monier.

Really excited to be on this forum as it's been a phenomenal source of information!
Welcome from a fellow Atlanta pipe smoker.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. 'Been there once on business. I liked the name but never got to visit the High Museum. Saw a good pickup football (soccer) game at a park field with goals. I couldn't figure out how the players knew who was on which side with everyone in different gear. Are you mostly on one instrument or a generalist or a music theory person?

Status
Not open for further replies.