PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 4, 2023
Anchorage, Alaska
Haha thanks
@PipeIT

Hello Gary and welcome from Palmer, AK!

Short notice, but there is an Alaska Pipe Club meeting tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at 6pm at 5th Avenue Cigars new lounge in Anchorage if you can make it! There will likely be one other new member there as well. Membership is free and It’s totally fun and informal.

Also check out our club pages on Facebook and Instagram!

Welcome to the site, you will find it to be a wealth of knowledge, information, camaraderie, and enabling 😂

Cheers!

Frank
I just got accepted in the group and will be there tomorrow!

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Hey folks! My name is Gary and I'm from Anchorage, Alaska. I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks and finally got around to joining. I'm new to smoking pipe, just a few months into it- and really enjoy it. I was introduced to pipes a few years ago, but didn't enjoy it due to smoking too fast, improper packing, not knowing how to tamp, etc...

This time around, I felt the desire to try again after remembering my grandfather enjoying his pipe daily. So this time I took the time to learn the right way (says YouTube) to smoke a pipe. Now, my pipe offers me relaxation and a chance to release stress and think... Plus, if I'm being honest- I truly feel cool and sophisticated smoking my pipe; like a new man I suppose?

I really enjoy some bulk blends our local pipe store offers: Nutty Irishman, Summers Day, and White Burley.
Some bulk blends from my local shop that I didn't like: Peaches and Cream, Classic Vanilla, Espresso.
Earlier this week, I picked up a tin of Petersons Nightcap and I was really impressed.

I smoke out of a Peterson Irish Harp (69) as well as a Meerschaum Pipe that my wonderful lady gifted to me for Christmas.

Looking forward to trying more non aromatics since after the Burley and Nightcap I don't really want to go back to aromatics..

Cheers!
Hello from Iowa and welcome aboard.

Reactions: Anchorage Bowl

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Hello form Queens, NYC! Hey, I was blessed enogh to have visited Anchorage back in 2003, what a trip, to say the least. I remember looking up and visiting the olny tobacconist I could find in the area, Pete's Tobacco Shopon 5th Ave. I would assume you;ve been there? I so wish I would have bought a pipe as a rememberance but let me tell you, being in Anchorage and the surrounds, well, it was an emotional experience for me, such beauty, it was overwhelming to the senses. Was wondering why tears werte flowing down my cheeks just walking around town, the beuaty was an overload to the emotions. I wish to go back one day! Anyway, welcome and peaceful smokes to you!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hello form Queens, NYC! Hey, I was blessed enogh to have visited Anchorage back in 2003, what a trip, to say the least. I remember looking up and visiting the olny tobacconist I could find in the area, Pete's Tobacco Shopon 5th Ave. I would assume you;ve been there? I so wish I would have bought a pipe as a rememberance but let me tell you, being in Anchorage and the surrounds, well, it was an emotional experience for me, such beauty, it was overwhelming to the senses. Was wondering why tears werte flowing down my cheeks just walking around town, the beuaty was an overload to the emotions. I wish to go back one day! Anyway, welcome and peaceful smokes to you!
Pete’s has been transformed into the more modern 5th Avenue Cigars, but is still a tobacco shop and still in the same spot. I’m actually headed there shortly for our local pipe club meeting!