Hello from a Snowy Westchester County, NY!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Pleased to meet you all! I live in Westchester County (which is a very large county), just a short drive, about 25 minutes, to NYC.

I smoked a pipe briefly while in college, but took the pipe up again this past Spring, as lockdown started. I've amassed a pretty good collection of pipes (functional, but nothing too fancy) and way too many tins of tobacco, plus a few bulk bags). Lately, I've been sad about the demise of Daughters & Ryan's Picayune tobacco, and trying to find a good replacement. It was my go to for a good nic-hit. I like C&D's Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz, but I feel like their must be tastier options out there with high nic. Looking for suggestions. The Royal Yacht is another good one. But their must be something darker!
G'day and welcome from Oz.

First of all, let's get something straight; there's no such thing as "too many tobacco tins".
Many tobaccos gets better with age and it would be a valuable trade item should the shit ever hit the fan.

From that perspective one is actually protecting ones future [Well, that's the excuse you use should the missus ever complain - 'Just looking after you dear. You're very welcome.' :) ]

Over ten years ago I ditched a chronic cigarette addiction for a pipe. Once I got that monkey off my back I now choose blends with no more than mild nicotine. Yeah, I know. :eek:
Although I still crave Lady N at least once a day, my pipe is like a placebo that tricks my brain into thinking it's getting what it desires.

So I'm afraid I'm not much help in suggesting any high nic brands but I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations from other members.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.