PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
New to the forum, but have about 5 years of pipe smoking under my belt. Joining up just to shoot the breeze from time to time. I've read quite a few threads and yall seem too be a friendly bunch. Real quick, I'm 29 and I live in Savannah, Ga. I learned how to smoke watching YouTube and reading any pipe literature I could find. I know no other pipe smokers, but I think my younger brother has decided that he enjoys it as much as I do and it's really been a special bond we've developed over the last year. Only recently found out that my local B&M really falls short in their pipe area. Had my first taste of "the good stuff", Dunhill Nightcap, two years ago and really got serious about it. Until then, it had all been aromatics from the b&m and I haven't set forth in there since they tried to sell me a tin of nightcap for 24$. I'll go ahead and fess up, but I've been a kaywoodie guy most of the time I've smoked and I've recently fell in love with an estate Viking off eBay. Hope I haven't been too terribly long winded, but I've found myself so deep in this that i find it hard not to be long winded

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome from Nebraska! I Have been curious about Savanah the past few years, from everything I read and see, it looks like a incredibly beautiful and rich with history. I hope to visit one day.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
welcome to the family. you will find plenty of people to talk to about pipes and allot of other things.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
but I've found myself so deep in this that i find it hard not to be long winded
Morpheus once said "You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes"
Welcome to the forum my man!

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Savannah is a very nice city to visit. The traffic gets old pretty quickly, though, and they're not very friendly to the smokers here. The powers that be enacted a city wide "smoking ban" a few years ago that doesn't even allow a smoking "club" to be organized that allows paying members to have a lounge to smoke in, but it is nice to stroll the cobblestone streets. I've been to smokingpipes in myrtle beach. I went there last March with my old job and made the hike on foot from the hotel. I was in awe at the place. Bought a Chacom sandblast 76 and got a free ounce of Billy Budd for it. Needless to say, my walk back to the motel was much more pleasurable.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Was in Savannah last month for a shooting competition at The Forest City Gun Club. The B&M down by the river is a bit pricey. I live in West Georgia however.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Shaintques, they are way overpriced. I bought 3 of my first 5 pipes from them and let's just say I had two basket pipes and an estate gardensana and I had very close to 200$ in the three. I have since learned my lesson, and, though I do get burned from time to time, I use eBay a lot. I've shot at the gun club and it was nice. I only shot the five stand so I can't speak of anything else they offer, but I did enjoy myself. Ejames, I just got the Viking on Friday and had it ready to roll Sunday and I must say the smoke is incredibly cold. And I do mean cold, not cool. I have had trouble with Virginias but after I saw how the Viking reacted to my burley, I had to try a the MacBaren dark twist roll cake, which had burnt me 5 times or more times before hand, and it's now married eternally with the one bowl I have for the Viking.

Status
Not open for further replies.