PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lono96

Lurker
Apr 8, 2013
Hi there
So, I always had a desire and a fascination with Smoking Tobacco using this wonderful tool someday... This day has come.

I just got myself DR.Grabow Duke, I just smoked my second bowl of Captain Black Cherry Tobacco and it's really good (from my level of experience so far)

Now I know for the seasoned Pipe smoker, there is far better tobacco out there but I was eager to try. I already ordered some Sutliff Private Stock Blend - Molto Dolce. Rich and creamy Vanilla, Caramel, and Honey applied to Burley, Virginia, and Black Cavendish. I'm starting with aromatics for now.

I plan on learning more about this art.

One of the exciting part of the experience are the different blends and flavors to enjoy. I found it to be very relaxing and and just to browse tobacco web site and smoke shops. I think I see a pipe collection starting in the near future there's some gorgeous pieces out there. Smoking a pipe is very different from just lighting a cig it's a process a ritual . You must be patient. In a day and age of constant instant gratification, I enjoy the time that he takes to smoke one bowl. Sit back pause and relax. I used to smoke cigarettes a long time ago and I have quit for the last 12 years I don't miss it at all and it's definitely not the same.

Now as a women it's not really common I know, I have yet to see a women out there smoking a pipe. Even in France where I'm from I don't remember seeing one. Maybe I'll start a new trend.

Thanks for stopping by.

God bless.

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
Welcome to the PM forums lono96, I am sure you will enjoy this awesome hobby and experimenting with the large variety of blends available today. :)

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Hello Lono and welcome to the forum.

Everyone is welcome here!

You will learn a lot from everyone here to get you on your way.

We do have a small number of female members so you are not alone here.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Welcome to the forums, you came to the right place for any questions/concerns you may have either now or down the line. Welcome again :puffpipe:

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
welcome. glad you decided on the pipe. your well on your way, you`ll get all the info you need right here.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forums! :clap:

If you use the search boxes you will find many articles about the pastime -- on both tobacco and pipes.

Take it slow, and stay in the moment. :puffy:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hello Lono and welcome aboard. You will find in short time that this is one of the friendliest and knowledgeable sites out there.
It is nice to see our female population growing.
We are "pic hungry" here so if you acquire a new pipe, a rack or anything else please share.
Happy smoking :puffy:
Dan

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Welcome! Enjoy the forums, but do not read the tobacco reviews! If you do, we cannot be held responsible for all the tobacco you will buy and try and fill your cabinets. :puffy:

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Welcome to the Club lono96 !!

You will find anything you need to know about pipesmoking here, all you need to do is ask and the answers will roll in. A great bunch of people here. Enjoy!

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Welcome to the site Lono! I will warn you as the others have, this site encourages spending more on pipes and tobacco than you really should. :D

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask any questions as there are plenty of friendly members to assist you in the journey which lies ahead.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Welcome, Lono96. As I have said before, if you can't find it here, it does not exist. You have come to the right place for this hobby.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome lono96. I hope to see you posting up on the forums. A woman's perspective on things around here would be nice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lono96, welcome. Though I have been smoking pipes on and off for decades, I just bought my first Dr. Grabow, so you're right

in step with my particular pipe project. People always tell beginners, but I think it's worth saying, buy two or three Missouri

Meerschaum corn cob pipes to give your new pipe a chance to rest between smokes (dry out). Then you can think about other

pipes as you go. So many great tobaccos to sample, but you are taking the right approach, slow and easy. Happy smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.