Hello! And How Do You Rotate Your Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Welcome from Michigan! Since you ask, I only have two pipes, a briar and a clay. I just choose whichever one strikes my fancy. The briar has a larger chamber, for a longer smoke. The clay tastes "brighter" which is hard to describe and is surely subjective. That’s the story!
@Michigan_Bill I tried Clan in a briar pipe I bought for a friend and it tasted different and stronger than in my usual clay pipes.

Reactions: Michigan_Bill
C

Corcoran-Rooney

I have only been on the pipe six months or so. I have been unable to find a strict rotation yet, or anything near it. I only smoke one bowl a day, but on a saturday and sunday it can be anything up to six. But it is all higgeldy-piggeldy. Some of the senior members here have described details of their smoking day, it invariably starts with milder smokes, progressively moving on to heavier ones. The routine of it appeals to me massively, but I am a long way from that yet. But that's where I want to be, not just randomly smoking tobaccos that negatively interfere with the taste of the next one smoked.

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
Welcome from Nashville, Tennessee! If I'm out and about, I smoke the pipe I keep in my backpack and if I'm home, I smoke whatever grabs my attention from the pipe rack first :)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My system is about as stripped down and simple as it gets: two pipes, one for aromatics, one for everything else. Some folks can detect nuances between the blend types in the "everything else" category, or at least claim to be able to. I am not one of them.
really? That's weird. Like they all just taste like tobacco or something? No notes of bird feathers or sea grass?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

Although I don't have a refined palate, I find that some blends smoke better in certain pipes or bowl shapes and/or sizes.

My all day blends aren't fussy so I'll smoke those in whatever pipe is handy.
When I'm out and about I usually take an MM cob with me but find that I don't smoke that much. [It's just nice to have a pipe handy]

I've got close to forty pipes in my rotation. I find that I tend to grab 25 of them more often than the remainder.
Good unfussy smokers that take a cleaner through to the draught hole.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.