PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. Welcome aboard. Lots of good information, pipe and tobacco news, and conversation here.

Reactions: mosin1932

mosin1932

Lurker
Jan 10, 2023
Welcome from the mid Willamette Valley of Oregon! I grew up in east of Ashland up Dead Indian Road, which I believe has been renamed Dead Indian Memorial Highway.
It can be a bit on the dry side down there. I don't know of any pipe shops remaining in that area, although there used to be a great one in Ashland in the 60s. It was a bookstore/ pipe shop. Great place to spend a few hours browsing around!
I'll have to look next time I'm in Ashland but I'm sure you and all the Oregonians here are familiar with the struggle of finding a "pipe shop" that sells tobacco though, it drives me crazy lol. I remember when they wanted to change the name of that road, I drove it 5 months ago and they ended up just painting over and adding another piece to the sign in Ashland (rather half assedly), so it reads "dead Indian memorial highway" and the sign on our side hasn't changed at all. You would know better than me but I was always told it was named that because the road is so treacherous most of the year that "you will be one dead Indian" if you take it.