PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
Hello. I just joined this forum, which is my first and only. I am not a huge fan of the inter webs, but after ending back here from multiple google searches for pipe related minutia, I thought I would give it a try.
Ok, about me. I currently live in...California. I am not from California, but this is just where life has me at the moment. Just hopefully not for a long moment.
I started smoking a pipe about a year and a half ago, using it to quit my 15 year pack a day plus habit of reds, and can-a-day habit of grizzly. I’ve always been a big fan of tobacco in all its wonderful shapes and forms, and I’ve participated in just about everything besides snuff...that stuff always mystified me. But, just using a pipe to quit cigarettes, I realized that I had found my favorite vessel of consumption for the wonderful tobbacer.
I usually like more traditional pipe shapes, especially billiards and billiard variations. I usually like to smoke mostly Virginia and Virginia/Periques, but I like a lot of variety within those categories (meaning everything from Orlik Golden Sliced through Bayou Morning Flake, and perdy much everything in between). But my staples consist of Bayou Morning Flake (and Bayou Morning), McConnells Scottish Flake, Hal O’ the Wynd, Haddo’s Delight, Stonehenge Flake, and Habana Daydream (maybe I just like Perique...) And then I have saved up a small stock of Latakia blends (Like Maltese Falcon and Platation Evening) for when the mood strikes me. I sometimes smoke other stuff, just usually not aromatics. But I guess it all just comes down to my mood when I’m choosing what to smoke.
Where I live isn’t the easiest place to buy pipe tobacco, so I do most of my purchasing from Smokingpipes.com and the like.
Other than that, I’m a Carpenter, a Vet, husband, father, and weirdo. And I think that about covers it. I’m happy to be here (I think).

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
Yeah, this is actually my only presence on the internet at all, and it still feels a bit weird.
I actually love North Carolina, it’s one of my favorite states. I can’t wait to get back out there sometime.

Reactions: FurCoat

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
Thanks! I actually go through Frazier Park all the time, we spend a lot of time up in Los Padres. I harvested a deer there a couple years too, about halfway between Lake of the Woods and hwy 33

• Love
Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thanks! I actually go through Frazier Park all the time, we spend a lot of time up in Los Padres. I harvested a deer there a couple years too, about halfway between Lake of the Woods and hwy 33
Yep, I'm familiar with that area. My wife and I lived in Pine Mtn. Club for 4.5 years. Love the plants and animals, but their HOA is a cancer (most are). FP is a pipe smoker's paradise, especially for a bird-watcher like myself. The 33 into Ojai is one of the most beautiful drives CA has to offer...errr, excluding the coastal regions, of course!

Reactions: LongHairDontCare

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
Yep, I'm familiar with that area. My wife and I lived in Pine Mtn. Club for 4.5 years. Love the plants and animals, but their HOA is a cancer (most are). FP is a pipe smoker's paradise, especially for a bird-watcher like myself. The 33 into Ojai is one of the most beautiful drives CA has to offer...errr, excluding the coastal regions, of course!
Yeah, I can’t and won’t do any form of HOA. But we love driving up and down 33 whenever we can. But another real nice drive (just a little bit more inland haha) is the Generals Hwy in Sequoia NP. It’s real hard to beat that drive. But I’m not really too huge a fan of the coastal stuff, I hail from mountains.

Reactions: Servant King

B.Lew

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
Welcome. I’d venture to guess that there are quite a few individuals participating here that also call this their only forum home. Or social media at that. I do just fine in all aspects of life without. However, when it comes to learning, discussing and sharing pipe related musings, this is the place to be!
So welcome. Many of us have directed the browser here from a google search. Your in good company; well mostly. Hah.
Lastly, how long is the hair that you don’t care?

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
Welcome. I’d venture to guess that there are quite a few individuals participating here that also call this their only forum home. Or social media at that. I do just fine in all aspects of life without. However, when it comes to learning, discussing and sharing pipe related musings, this is the place to be!
So welcome. Many of us have directed the browser here from a google search. Your in good company; well mostly. Hah.
Lastly, how long is the hair that you don’t care?
Thank you. Social media isn’t my thing, so that isn’t anything I’m looking for. But that damn google machine just kept landing me here!
And it’s long enough that I REALLY don’t care...if I grew my own f$&ks, I’d end up going hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.