PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vecchio

Lurker
Jan 31, 2021
Tampa, FL
From the outskirts of Tampa, FL. Like some others, I was a pipe smoker for several years (mid-80's to mid-90s, when Tinder Box had mall locations), then got away from it, and then came back about two years ago. In the earlier time I had a couple of Barontini pipes which I really enjoyed. I currently have a Calabresi billiard, a Nording, a locally-branded Oom Paul, and I acquired a Peterson standard 312 over the holidays. I currently prefer aromatics (such as Lane 1-Q and vanillas) but I wish to branch out into other blends (the English blends sound intriguing). I am learning to enjoy the finer points of piping, which I did not before.

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Welcome from west central Florida.
From the outskirts of Tampa, FL. Like some others, I was a pipe smoker for several years (mid-80's to mid-90s, when Tinder Box had mall locations), then got away from it, and then came back about two years ago. In the earlier time I had a couple of Barontini pipes which I really enjoyed. I currently have a Calabresi billiard, a Nording, a locally-branded Oom Paul, and I acquired a Peterson standard 312 over the holidays. I currently prefer aromatics (such as Lane 1-Q and vanillas) but I wish to branch out into other blends (the English blends sound intriguing). I am learning to enjoy the finer points of piping, which I did not before.
English blends are awesome! I smoke certain aro's once in a while. Glad your enjoying the pipe, its a great way to unwind.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Cheers and welcome! I'm new as well but I've got two cents burning a hole in my pocket.

Have you tried LL-7? I use it as a pallete reset when I've been in the heavy English rabbit hole. Tastes like hot cocoa with marshmallows. More frequently I crave a bowl of Autumn Evening. The flavor holds up much better than any Lane aro I've had, in terms of tobacco and topping.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome from AZ. Enjoy “branching” it’s the only way to find how many different blends, styles, variations there are. I really enjoy the “trying new stuff” aspects of tobacco enjoyment. Wait until you start getting some blends that age a bit. They change most often for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.