PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.G

Lurker
Aug 16, 2021
Sydney Australia
Glaswegian mother-in-law. You should hear my wife and her 3 sisters when they get together - they become more raucous with time (and wine) and their accents become decidedly Glaswegian. Talk about a "mother tongue" :)
Haha, I know it too well! When my dad and uncle used to get together guests needed a translator! But 'tis a bonnie brogue!

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and OzPiper

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Glaswegian mother-in-law. You should hear my wife and her 3 sisters when they get together - they become more raucous with time (and wine) and their accents become decidedly Glaswegian. Talk about a "mother tongue" :)
Haha, I know it too well! When my dad and uncle used to get together guests needed a translator! But 'tis a bonnie brogue!
When I was working in Detroit one of the customer staff invited me to her husband's family thanksgiving which was both unexpected and very enjoyable. But the real reason was that his sister was married to a Glaswegian and the family could just about understand him when he was sober. After a few drinks; no chance!

Funny thing was he and I had no trouble understanding each other or the Americans even as the day wore on but it was obvious that after a couple of hours they could no longer understand either of us (I suspect I'd drifted back into my Irish accent by then).

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.G and OzPiper
Status
Not open for further replies.