PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi Dr. G,

Welcome to this bunch of good guys from another Sydneysider.
I log-in every morning for a chuckle (most mornings) to start my day, the occasional controversial post (generally good natured banter), and lashings of good advice.

If you don't mind me asking - have you been a long time pipe smoker, or just joined the fraternity ? I hope you stay on as an active member.

Dr.G

Lurker
Aug 16, 2021
Sydney Australia
Hey OzPiper,

So glad I joined!

My brother gave me a Peterson Killarney that he found about two years ago and slowly but surely...haha

I'm still in the process of switching from cigs entirely (I just smoke them when I'm out and about now..still a bit self conscious about walking around with a pipe) I'm on one or two a day now instead of eight to ten, replaced by around two bowls most days..

It's an expensive pastime to say the least, but worth every cent! (the tobacco prices for ryo and pipe tobacco are pretty close at 50 grams but there's so much variety worth trying in the pipe tobacco world that it's become noticeable)

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hey OzPiper,

So glad I joined!

My brother gave me a Peterson Killarney that he found about two years ago and slowly but surely...haha

I'm still in the process of switching from cigs entirely (I just smoke them when I'm out and about now..still a bit self conscious about walking around with a pipe) I'm on one or two a day now instead of eight to ten, replaced by around two bowls most days..

It's an expensive pastime to say the least, but worth every cent! (the tobacco prices for ryo and pipe tobacco are pretty close at 50 grams but there's so much variety worth trying in the pipe tobacco world that it's become noticeable)
I first switched to a pipe while at university to get away from cigarettes (in the early '70s), and being at university, there was also an element of cool, if truth be known.

I've been back smoking and enjoying pipes these past 3 years, after smoking cigars exclusively for the previous 15 years. I still enjoy my cigars, but I find that generally I am enjoying pipes more. There is a much larger variety of tobacco blends, as well as the huge selection of pipes available.

Dr.G

Lurker
Aug 16, 2021
Sydney Australia
I first switched to a pipe while at university to get away from cigarettes (in the early '70s), and being at university, there was also an element of cool, if truth be known.

I've been back smoking and enjoying pipes these past 3 years, after smoking cigars exclusively for the previous 15 years. I still enjoy my cigars, but I find that generally I am enjoying pipes more. There is a much larger variety of tobacco blends, as well as the huge selection of pipes available.
I haven't even really started on pipes yet, I've got a few from a lot on eBay that ive cleaned but I'm saving my pennies for something nice, so many choices though...half the fun I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.