PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2021
Not much of an online correspondent, I’m new to pipe smoking, again. I tied to get into pipe smoking in the late ‘80s but I mistakenly felt it was a little ostentatious for a 20 something. During my latest move to a new residence I found my 3 old basket pipes, bought some new tobacco, and dove in. For a year now I have been enjoying many new blends and 3 new Peterson’s. Now I look forward to new enlightenment on this fine endeavor.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A Warm Welcome from Sydney, Oz.

Like you, I gave up pipes in the mid-80's and started back 3 years ago.
It's so much more enjoyable this time around. The Pipesmagazine Forums and TobaccoReviews have been great sources of information, inspiration and a gentle slide into penury (when PAD and TAD strikes).

Access to pipes and tobaccos so much easier today than in the 1980s.

I hope you stay awhile and become one of the active Forums members.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Looks like you've got some catching up to do--you may have to smoke continuously (including sleep hours) for the rest of your life to make up for the void of the past 30+ years. Consider all of us here at your disposal to enable your pursuit of this endeavor to the fullest extent possible. puffy

Enjoy your journey!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1629389556214.png

Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always tell people, if they quit, to save their pipes. I've had a hiatus or two from pipe smoking, but I saved the pipes, and have the first one I ever bought, which still looks good and smokes well. Also, I think with a bit of research and an eye for craftsmanship, finding "basket pipes" turns up some good ones. One of mine was an unfinished Savinelli billiard which has darkened and become polished looking over forty years, a real treasure. Welcome from central N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.