PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
This show is GREAT. If you have Netflix, all of season 1 is on there, and I suspect season 2 will show up soon. If you can't wait, it's on Amazon InstantVideo for a few bucks an episode depending on if you do HD or SD. Regardless, everyone should watch this show. It's a rare treat to find a show where almost every character is as enjoyable as they are in Hell On Wheels. The main characters are practically flawless in their interactions and delivery of emotions. The supporting cast is still very enjoyable, and you find yourself often quite pleased when a small character whose been in the background for a few episodes returns. And there is plenty of smoking. I have seen a few stray pipes, but it is mostly cigars. But still, seeing a world where people smoke freely anywhere/anytime is always enjoyable for me.
You should check it out, and you should definitely smoke more! :puffy:

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Just started watching Season 1 on netflix, wow you guys are right this is a great show. I miss Deadwood, hopefully this show has a little bit more closure.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
It's a great show, I especially love the Bohannon character.
It's not in the same league as Deadwood, IMO, but it is better than 90% of what's on TV these days.
That finale was tough to take - I did not see that coming at all. Not going to spoil it for anyone, but I'll be interested to see what sort of direction they can possibly take in this next season...

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Love this series. Great characters!

I wasn't the same for days after the finale...

Can't wait for the next season!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is a favorite of mine. AMC is miles away from everyone else in the quality of the shows it produces. (and apparently kicking the networks butts on Sunday night ratings).

Status
Not open for further replies.