PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
I am a DJ of WCBN-FM Ann Arbor, and I am proud to present brutal vibes to our community.
I love all kinds of metal except metal-core... I just can't stand them....

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Not really into the hair-metal bands of the 80s much at all (Bon Jovi, Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue etc.). Mostly into bands like Seether, Three Days Grace, Smile Empty Soul, Shinedown, Nickelback (yes they are hard rock listen to an entire album once and you'll see), Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Disturbed, Boysetsfire, System of a Down, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush. Gotta be able to pump me up for a hockey game and those bands do that very well.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Kix

Lizzy Borden

Britny Fox

Cinderella

Night Ranger

Hanoi Rocks

Lita Ford

Vixen

Y&T
That's real rock and roll right there, plus for hairspray companies, an economic stimulus

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Black Label Socity Ozzy Judas Preast Danzig King Diamond Overkill Motoread antheax Love/Hate L.A Guns Guns N Roses

and my all time fav Motley Crue And Sixx am Oddly enough in Jr high I played in a band with Dj Ashba for a short time. New Fav and i didnt think ied like them as my 17 yr old daughter likes this band and she digs that screamo crap Black Vail Brides They are trying to bring back the 80 sound Can really hear the Motley Crue Judas Preast influence

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
How about the "Vegan Black Metal Chef"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I noticed the Kix mentioned earlier. I grew up with the guys from The Kix. They still perform here occasionally and put on one hell of a live show. The lead singer, Steve Whitman is a good Catholic boy. He goes to our church and I always get a kick out of looking over and seeing him and his family (his wife is gorgeous!). I'll start singing "Girl Money" under my breath during the offering until I get an elbow from the wife. When I was 18, they parked their cars in the restaurant lot that I managed and since we were open until 3 AM in those days, they would stop by after closing a gig. Sometimes we'd bring the leftover food to their place until sunrise, good times. I still enjoy their music. Steve still has his voice and took care of it and himself. So even past 50, the dude can still sing. They're doing a Metal Cruise this weekend, Eddie Trunk was pumping that on his show and Twitter.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Sabbath, Maiden, Zep, Hendrix, DP are all music staples for me...but these days I've been into Disturbed and Lacuna Coil...it doesn't hurt that Lacuna Coil has a GORGEOUS italian-gal lead singer who can sing her arse off either!

aaronbear

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
In the cd player in my truck at the moment are Rush and stacked in the glove box are cds by Pearl jam, Foo fighters, 16 Horsepower and fear factory. Many of the bands you guys have listed here have featured at some point in my life too! I feel Im in great company here!

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Simply the best music genre there is! There's very little heavy metal I DON'T listen to. All of the above and all the 'hair-bands' of the 80's-90's. With Pandora I am able to relive my teen years and create 'stations' with all my favorite's. I recently discovered Dragonforce and all the similar bands that Pandora plays with them. ROCKS!

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Props to monstermash for the Protest the Hero video. I've been a fan of theirs for years and met them once a while back and they were quite nice. I have the opportunity to see a lot of smaller metal bands because of where I live (East Atlanta) and enjoy it greatly. Got to see a band called Stallone on Monday (former member of Torche is a guitarist) as well as a couple other great bands. Atlanta allows me to see a lot of amazing bands.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Perhaps a long-haired, red demon-eyed smiley with a pipe clenched between its undead teeth?

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Eddie Veder made me a cup of tea once, really nice bloke.

He was passing through where I used to work but was delayed.

eldritchpipes

Lurker
Feb 7, 2016
Old thread. New post. Metal and pipes pretty much sums up one of pipes lines. :)
1IAmrTh.jpg

AMqB6tM.jpg

Ej9p3Zm.jpg

rH6v0cF.jpg

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Dang, I think I would stab myself repeatedly if I smoked one of those, as I hold my pipe right where all those spikes are at.
As for the subject of the thread, I'm sure most you guys have figured out by now that I'm a huge Metalhead. Also saw my favorite band in concert last night... Black Sabbath. It was a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.