PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
LOL. Seriously, it sounded kind of fragile and not as sweet as I prefer my Virginia blends. Maybe I read between the lines too much but it read to me as if the reviewer was trying hard to find some good things to say about the blends. My limited experience with H&H blends is they're okay but never great, at least to me.

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
H&H blends just haven't really impressed me so I'll pass as well.
I have enjoyed some of their English blends and Louisiana Red was pretty good; however, there is something with their VA leaf or general casing that really messes with my body chemistry and bites my tongue. That said, Bright Night sounds interesting—especially being so well reviewed.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have enjoyed some of their English blends and Louisiana Red was pretty good; however, there is something with their VA leaf or general casing that really messes with my body chemistry and bites my tongue. That said, Bright Night sounds interesting—especially being so well reviewed.
I've gotten a saccharine aftertaste from many of the H&H offerings. Mostly out if the game now, but were I buying again I'd avoid it.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Ive been sitting on a tin of this for a while, its probably about time to crack it open. But yeah for some reason cakes, crumble cakes, and plugs never seem to behave very well for me. Flakes and broken flakes are the best cuts in my experience.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have smoked Bright Night, and I really enjoy it. I have three tins aging. I am not sure how much more I will buy, since it is a little pricey, but I might grab a couple more tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.