PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I've got a Chatham Manor, Sweet Cask and a Chestnut hanging around... I don't have any available mason jars about, so I was wondering whether the 14oz containers keep these blends from drying out too much?

I know the C&D blends do pretty well for me. So maybe my Lane Limited would be fine. Should I just wait until I get more mason jars?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've got a Chatham Manor, Sweet Cask and a Chestnut hanging around... I don't have any available mason jars about, so I was wondering whether the 14oz containers keep these blends from drying out too much?

I know the C&D blends do pretty well for me. So maybe my Lane Limited would be fine. Should I just wait until I get more mason jars?
I leave my Angler's Dream in the tub until I open it, then I transfer it to jars.

Reactions: elasmo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jars are best practice, but my 14 oz of Chestnut has done well for the duration, still in rotation, just a notably moderate pace. But it may be the humidity here in North Carolina piedmont. As long as it doesn't go to dust, I find dry tobacco burns better.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
When you take the cap off, there's a plastic seal. I only open it enough to get out a couple of ounces or so at a time, and put that in a baggie. I make sure the rim is clean, and press the plastic seal back down. It'll hold the toppings very well. I've done that for years with no problem.These tubs, unopened, will keep the tobaccos fresh for years. That's been my experience, and I've smoked ten year old EGR that was fresh in the tub.

Reactions: Spinkle and elasmo
Status
Not open for further replies.