PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
you know you're just wrong that box got jacked as in looks like the fork lift ripped a hole in the box. Nothing would have saved it.

Forklift blades leave a distinct calling card on freight. I should know, i've done plenty of it. And that is not blade damage. But it's cool, believe what you like.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

JPremo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Viva Las Vegas
have little kids draw pictures on it and notes to grandma. Seriously I've heard that will work like fragile stickers do. That said I've gotten packages that I thought there was no way they'd arrive in good shape that did. You know packages I'd feel nervous driving across town with.

While I do feel the methods are slightly questionable I guess you can't argue with results? I get what you mean though, watching packages bounce around when a carrier screws up is nerve wracking. I had a pipe from SP.eu shipped to me and USPS tried delivering to one of my old addresses for some random reason. Watched it go from Ireland to PA, then bounce from PA to NY to LA then back to PA before I finally got someone in USPS to fix the issue.

I expected a box of matchwood at the end but it arrived without a dent on the packaging so ?‍♂️

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
While I do feel the methods are slightly questionable I guess you can't argue with results? I get what you mean though, watching packages bounce around when a carrier screws up is nerve wracking. I had a pipe from SP.eu shipped to me and USPS tried delivering to one of my old addresses for some random reason. Watched it go from Ireland to PA, then bounce from PA to NY to LA then back to PA before I finally got someone in USPS to fix the issue.

I expected a box of matchwood at the end but it arrived without a dent on the packaging so ?‍♂️
The crazy thing is when you consider how many packages get through without issue compared to the volume of stuff they send, you start realizing they either kind of know what they're doing or it's easier to keep stuff in good shape then makes sense. But no matter what once it's left one place to go to the other it's one of those times where any control is totally lost beyond how you package the package. Yeah I've had fragile things come in a box that looks like a stiff breeze would destroy it and the contents are perfectly fine. Also reminds me of working in a grocery store and seeing how many products come in broken or frozen (because they put that box next to the vent the cool air is coming into the truck from.) and how it just figured into the operational cost of the distributor. Especially glass and plastic bottles. Ever wonder why sometimes a soda bottle is all sticky.

Reactions: JPremo