PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I want to thank al the Forum members for their sincere concerns and well wishes for me. You are the best friends I will never meet. Thanks so very much. I can tell you that a month ago if they had given me the option to live or die, I would have said die. Today I am making baby step improvements and have hope for tomorrow. I have just gotten home from 3 more days in the hospital due to my bowel shutting done and turning rather firm. It took three days to soften things up. No shit. After returning home my wife had a message from her Doctor that the X-ray she had on her leg that morning showed a fracture and that no blood was getting to the bone. She had to go to the emergency room immediately. So now I'm home and she is in the hospital. And just to add insult to injury our beloved Lab/mix has Lyme disease with kidney damage. So to say that we are in a rough way right now would be an understatement. We have a great circle of family and friends that have been very supportive and caring. It reinforces the view that love and goodness is in all of us flawed creatures. I know that my food tube will be in for probably 3 months and swallow, physical and occupational therapy will be 3 months. My Doctor also wants me to go for an IV drip for 2 to 4 hours, 5 days in a row. I will do whatever it takes. Once again, I want to thank you all and let you know how much your concern means to me. In situations like this one feels somewhat alone. It's nice to know people care. Thank you so much.
Prayers for full recovery for all brother ??

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Hang in there. Think about all the crap you’ve already had the strength to overcome and have confidence that things will get better.

Reactions: WVOldFart